Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
::Assalamualaykum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatu:::Peace be upon you and the mercy of Allah and His blessings::

Sunday, November 05, 2006

If only..

Assalamualaykum warahmatullah wabarakatu,Bismillah Hirah'manir Raheem.
Allahuma Sali'ala sayidina Muhammadin nabiyil ummi wa 'Ala ali wa sahbihi wa salim.

I pray that you are all in the best of health and Iman. Ameen.

I apologise for the lack of posts on this blog, even though a Barakah-ed Ramadhan has come to end. I wanted to post this post as my previous one but I never got time to write up anyway here it is..

As I mentioned in an earlier post of mine before Ramadhan, Ramadhan is a time for personal and spiritual developement. It is a time for us to see all the wrong that we have done and repent to Allah for our sins, keeping our repentence consistent through the Holy month keeps us in touch with our roles- we are the servants of Allah subhana wa ta'ala and we will always have faults, and when we repent to Allah subhana wa ta'ala we are showing that we ackowledge Allah subhana wa ta'ala as the only one who can forgive our sins and He is The Only One we turn to for guidance.

I would just like to add to the above that even though we should see Ramadhan as a time for spiritual developement, it should be carried on throughout the year. Every year Ramadhan is an opportunity to gain closer to Allah and carry that on throughout the year.

As I was saying..During the holy month of Ramadhan I contemplated alot on my past and present actions, my character and the way I behave and treat other people. I realised that I am so far from the way of the Prophet salialahualayhi wasslam and the Mothers of the believers, and if I were to die in such a state, how would I face Allah with all my actions? How would I account for all my sins? It was a wake up call for me to realise that this life is like a drop in the ocean compared to the hereafter and instead of going backward I need to walk forward, and walking on the path of Allah.

Unfortunately in life, no matter how careful we may be at avoiding something, we can end up facing that same thing. It doesn't hit us until afterwards or sometimes it doesn't hit us until later wrong, that the scenario we were faced with and the way we reacted could have been the wrong one. It could have been something so small and so petty, but we begin to question our actions, over whether we responded in the correct Islamic behaviour. Brothers and sisters I'm talking about regret, that awful feeling that taunts you for days on end, and doesn't let you sleep.
It is a common feeling in all of us, and we often ponder if we could turn back the hands onthe clock for just a few hours, or just a day.

If we begin to regret over things that are world related, for example if we start regretting over buying a pair of shoes rather than another pair of shoes that were cheaper, we should know that there is a day of Judgement and things that we should have done in life for the sake of Allah were missed out, how will we feel? How will a pair of shoes compare to something with greater magnitude such as this?

The first step to getting over regret is turning to Allah subhana wa ta'ala for forgiveness over those things that we are regretful over, the second thing is to know that Allah subhana wa ta'ala is always watching us and always ask yourself before you do anything 'If I do this will Allah subhana wa ta'ala be pleased with me or will He be angered by my action?', and thirdly when we speak we should speak only that which is good. Every time we feel the need to backbite or talk nonsense, use that time to read words of Dhikr, this way we will increase our love and awareness for Allah rather than move away.

I hope to insha'Allah post more on my experiences with you..I have to go. Please keep this sinner in your duaas, I am in need of them.

May Allah give us the ability to think before we speak and to think before we act. May Allah subhana wa ta'ala give me firstly the ability to act upon what I have understood and what I have said. May Allah subhana wa ta'ala give you and I the ability to strive hard in His path and seek His pleasure. May He be pleased with us on Qiyam ul layl and may we die in the state He is most pleased with us. Ameen wa thuma ameen.

Wassalamualaykum warahmatullah,